Saturday, September 1, 2012

New beginnings

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a great summer. It was definitely one of my best summers in a long time. Amusement parks, county fairs, beach, BBQ's, a trip up North for our 10 year wedding anniversary, my one and two year liverversaries, and all while feeling good!

A few weeks ago I went to visit a very good friend of mine at my old job, and took some cupcakes to everyone. They must have really liked my cupcakes because they offed me a part-time job doing data entry 20 hours a week. I also get to take off the days River has off of school. You can't beat that.
Hopefully I will be able to keep up. I did originally quit this company due to stress, but that was because my doctor said that it was stress that was making me so sick, come to find out it was actually decompensated cirrhosis. So I figured I'd give it another try, I start on Tuesday, however my first email to welcome me was a short "work starts at 8:00 not 8:08." LOVE IT! So we will see. Hehehe.

River also started first grade last week, he was not enthusiastic about it, but I think he is glad he is back... Kind of. I was excited to do all of the back to school stuff this year. I even made pancakes in alphabet shapes for his first day. (yes, I know I'm cheesy) I also got a little emotional when I dropped him off. He did good, of course.

Health wise, I can't complain. I had a biopsy a few weeks ago, which was more painful then usual, but the results were much better then I expected! There is still inflammation and fibrosis, but still no cirrhosis. I think my last liver had developed cirrhosis a few months after transplant. (Sorry Nancy!) So this one is hanging in there. I am still a little frustrated with the arthritis and how tired I am, but that was another reason I took the job... I don't think I NEED to take as many naps as I take, so I might as well jump in head first and see. Hehehe.

Somewhat related, since my health is pretty freaking good right now, I don't know if I should continue with my blog... Not that I keep up with it now, but still. I just need a break from hospitals and sickness for a while. I do want to get an organization together, which is another reason I feel like I need to get my butt back out there and make some money. I do love to share my story (obviously), so hopefully one day I can do something in the medical field to help my fellow sickies... One day... That's a nice thought. :)

No comments: