Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Officially Cured

It has been a while, and a lot has happened. Today I received confirmation that the Hepatitis C virus is no longer in my body. My newest liver is no longer being attacked and can live out the rest of its life as a happy, normal liver should. I am still planning to have a biopsy done (possibly in January) to see if any of the damage has been reversed. I'm hoping that I don't have any cirrhosis anymore either! It will be a Christmas miracle... Speaking of Christmas miracles, something that has always been a wish of mine was living in a house. Technically, we couldn't afford Jason's commute anymore, but found a HOUSE within our budget in the 'burbs, almost 2/3 of his commute time cut and he carpools.

Now that things are starting to calm down and my health is on a steady incline, I have been thinking of what I want to do with the rest of my life. I honestly never gave it much thought... Like living in a house, it was something that I assumed I wouldn't live long enough to achieve. I've always been good at my jobs, but I've never loved them. (The people are a different story) Unfortunately, since I didn't think I would live long enough for a college education to pay off, I didn't go. Now I wish I would have at least started. I don't see myself doing anything other than helping people that are in situations similar to what I went through. I've decided to start off by becoming a CRN and see how far I want to go from there. I just need to get a job in the meantime to pay for the certification. I don't mind, it feels great to finally have a plan. I had no problem with dressings, injections, or following medical instructions on myself, so I'm sure I can help others better than a (very) few of my nurses.

Lastly, even though our plans to adopt a child (or two) is on hold until we are a little more financially secure, we did adopt a fur baby. A five year old Boxer named Magic. I always thought of myself as more of a cat person, but since River had to move  schools and I was nervous to live in a house with out one, we went to the shelter and my heart was stolen. The interesting thing is that I have recently slept past 4:00 (USC blood draw time) quite a few times. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I love it. My anxiety seems a little better too, but it could also be that I am not sick every morning anymore. Either way, things are looking up over here. For a long time, I didn't think I was ever going to write a post like this. Never give up. I wish I could bottle up this feeling and give it to everyone suffering. May the new year bring health and happiness to all of you.
Merry Freaking Christmas!

No comments: