Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Still swimming...

Why hello again! Sorry it has been a while, but not much has really been going on... Well ok, there is always a little something going on, but I haven't been in the hospital or anything. I did have a biopsy last month because my liver counts were still on the rise. There was no rejection or cirrhosis, but my liver was inflamed and there is fibrosis throughout. This hurts. I also found out that the achyness that I have been feeling is probably arthritis. Waaah... Did I mention that I also turned 31 last month (I don't think that my body got the message... 31 not 81) Man, I feel old! I've been trying to exercise more, we even went on a bike ride the other day, but when I got off I had to peel my fingers from the handlebars. Any ideas on how to get relief on this would be much appreciated. On to better news, I have met (and now surpassed) my minimum weight goal... Could actually stand to lose a few pounds now. Tehehehe. I'm not complaining! I am enjoying my appetite for as long as I have it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! So medically physically I am doing ok. I am eating good, not sick, regaining energy, and steering clear of the hospital! The only thing is that we have no idea how long that will last... Months, years? I know that no one ever knows, but still. I kind of know, unless something else takes me first, but most likely I will one day get a stomach ache that will not go away, I will start to get tired, throwing up, and then comes the ascites, HE, and jaundice... Oh my! ...Just keep swimming! (I think I watch to many kid movies.)

Anyway, that is what I am trying to do... Keep moving forward, and enjoy every second we can. For my birthday last month we took a trip up to Big Bear and rented a cabin for the weekend. So fun! This month we are going up north to celebrate some family birthdays. Next month is a big birthday month in our house, and we have our annual Donate Life walk to top it off! Yup, we are still rolling right along. :)

P.S. I finally finished my letter to my Donor family. It was the hardest thing I have ever written, I just hope that somehow it gives them comfort, and that my stupid body doesn't destroy their precious gift.

No comments: