Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blaaah Biopsy!

Yesterday was not only my second biopsy since my transplant, but it was the first time I have thrown up since the morning of my transplant. (Darn, back to day 1) It was definitely nerves plus the meds, less food in my tummy... They had gotten me prepared for the biopsy -- neck scrubbed down, towels placed around the spot, large sterile blanket placed over my entire body, with a hole on the neck area taped down... and then, blaaaaaaaaaaaah! All over the side of the bed. With me apologizing in between. After a few minutes of that, and some stuff for my tummy, I was ready for them to start all over again. Another 10 minutes (and about 20 more apologies) and it was time to give me the good drugs. hehee. I actually stayed awake during this one. The worst part of it was the shots of numbing medication to the neck, other then that, a little pressure and some strange movement in my chest was all I felt.
The results on the other hand... not as good. According to my docs. the Hepatitis C is beginning to affect Sally. I had been hoping for something a little less permanent, but I knew eventually the HCV would return. It is hard to take in, that possibly within the next few years I will need yet another transplant... If I am given that chance at all. I pray for Gods will to be done, but it scares me to think that Gods will may not include me being on this earth for many more years. I do know though, that the time my new liver has added is completely worth it, and a miracle in itself. My son will forever remember me and how much I love him. --I am definitely not saying my time here will be less then everyone else though, I can go another 5, 10, or 30 years with this new liver.There are also new treatments like I have said, though it may include the combination Pegalated Interferon and Ribaviran, it adds boceprevir, which can increase the "cure" rate from 30something % to over 70% for my genotype, and for that jump in percentage I am willing to go through the nausea, vomiting, headaches, hair loss, and fatigue again. But there are more treatments in trials, like INX-189, which may have less side-effects.Hopefully one of these will be a possibility for me soon, but for now, we will take it one day at a time and try to enjoy each moment given to us. :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I wanna give you a huge hug right now. Keep your smile girlie... you were meant for big things. I'm always praying for Sally and you! xoxo