Sunday, August 23, 2009

DONATE LIFE ENCOURAGES EVERYONE TO USE THEIR ON-LINE SOCIAL NETWORK TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR ORGAN, EYE AND TISSUE DONATION

DONATE LIFE ENCOURAGES EVERYONE TO USE THEIR ON-LINE SOCIAL NETWORK TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR ORGAN, EYE AND TISSUE DONATION

Shared via AddThis

Below is a great example of how one individual can make a big difference in raising awareness for organ, eye & tissue donation. Dazaree is from Malaysia and is using her social networking skills to communicate around the globe, its just that easy.
So why don't we all use our Facebook, MySpace, web page, personal blogs, twitter for the next 7 days to encourage your family, friends and co-workers to learn more about donation and to sign-up to be an organ donor.
When you post your message, email us with your link so we may be able to post your message on our Donate Life Blog and share your message with our readers.
Get ready, set, GO!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Gift of Life Tag

I am not sure what struck me. But I'm sure it must be a good thing. And this entry is .....*long pause*.....
Truthfully, there are no words to explain this sudden instinct/desire/need/urge. What word should I use? Let's just say I opened my eyes to whole new dimension. Or maybe I woke up feeling just a bit charitable.
But, that's not exactly it.
The feeling wasn't triggered oh-so-out-of-the-blue. I once thought of it.
And yesterday, it crossed my mind again after listening to some organ donor commercial.
And today, I've decided that I should. And so, I will.
I may not turn out to be a doctor. Doctors can't be hemaphobias. *laughs rolling on the floor* So, I guess, I'll give the gift of life in a way that I can.
Organ Donors Pledgers Statistics in Malaysia (until 30th June 2009)

132,020 people pledged for organ donation.
92,633 people pledged for all organs an tissues.
9,719 people pledged for organ donation in 2009.
Selangor rated 26,347 which is the highest pledgers until now.

Sadly, Sabah rates among the lowest pledgers (<2500).

Click here to register and join me in this cause. Please let me know if you are joining the circle (register yourself first!):

How to Be an Organ Donor?
I Pledge to be an Organ Donor
1. Dazeree Joan Joannes
2. Are you next?

To visit Dazeree's blog please click HERE

No comments: