Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I wanted to change the world.

As I sit here at 3 am...partially because I can't stop twitching (twitchi Ricki) hehe. Partially because of plumbing issues... (two words - LACTULOSE SUCKS!) and partially because I have a slight headache (and because I try not to make the same mistakes twice) I did take my temp and do have a slight fever of 99. Not to bad, but I also weigh 119 again so I'm keeping an eye on it. Speaking of my fever, I feel slightly guilty because it has been kind of hard to remember to take my newest med. which is an antibiotic (so that the fluid build up doesn't become infected) But I have to take it atleast 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal (and there are a few other restrictions with it) so I can't take it in the morning because of my nausea issues and then at night... by the time 2 hours after dinner rolls around I am out! But I will try harder... Oh man then if I start getting massive cramping (and I mean from jaw down to my toes) I have to take my Potassium Chloride, but I can't take that any time near the antibiotic and I have to remember to stay up at least a half an hour after I take that one, or I end up puking up some weird acid stuff... sorry for the complaining, but I have another point, really I do... If I could only remember what it was... hehe. 
Oh, yes... I used get mad at my nana and papa if they didn't take all their meds correctly, but that is another mistake I will not make again. Especially with my encepalopathy, I can honestly say, luckily I am typing this because it would be very difficult to say with my foot inserted into my mouth... Anywho, It reminded me of something beautiful a friend of mine shared a few days back... Them old people, they've got a lot of wisdom, they do! hehehe (I'm sorry, to be politically correct... ahhhhh who cares, if your reading this your not old... obviously you are hip with the times.) 

My change is learning to live each moment to
its fullest, to be humble, and of course
to share my story so that others may be inspired
to Live Life then Give Life.


I Wanted To Change The World
By Unknown Monk, 1100 A.D.
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.
I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.
When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."

No comments: