Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Louis, Louis, still WHINING Louis...



One of my all time favorite movies... but it is one of the last lines that I think in my head whenever I feel like I am whining. I can honestly say, I can't wait to have this surgery so that I don't have to listen to myself anymore...hehehe, (My family think they have it bad, and I only complain about 1/3 of the time I hurt) The other two-thirds of the time I'M THE ONE who has to hear it. hahaha. This morning I had decided that from now on I am going to turn everything into a positive... it is one of the reasons I don't call people anymore (people seem to be awkward on what to say to someone sick) and for some reason they always end up saying "How you feeling today?" which, in all honesty doesn't bother me... it is the response I get if I answer truthfully, the look or silence after that I would rather avoid. So instead, for this next month I vow to say "Good" and if it is a bad day, I'll say something like, "It could be worse" or "I'm still here!!"
Of course, today was not the smartest day to start this since I had a USC appointment. hehehe. But, I actually could report that I haven't gotten much worse, and that's positive. Jason almost got his butt kicked when they asked him how my mental status has been... They asked about my confusion, and my loving husband has the nerve to say, "Well she's been confused for a while now, sometimes she seems like she is in her own world and gets irritated with her forgetfulness..." The nerve of that man!! He won't be living this one down... I wrote it down - right here - he said it on June 22nd. hehehehe. He is right though, poor guy. Sometimes he will come into a room and I must look like one of the girls in a horror movie... just standing there for days in the middle of a room looking at their victim... (Ohhh spooky) but it really is usually that I am just trying to remember why I cam into that room, and it may take me many minutes to remember (or give up) Anyways, as you can see nothing new has really happened to report. They have put me on one more medication (I can't remember what it is, Jason took it to get it filled) but it is for my memory.... hence the fact that I can't remember what the heck it is. They also want me to try to lower my diuretics to only half doses on days I do not gain fluid, to give my lil kidneys a break... don't want them shriveling up and drying out, then I'll need new kidneys too. - Not to preach to anyone, but this is why people have to really watch their diets (always) but especially if they have a medical condition. I could rely on ONLY the diuretics to try to loose the edema and ascites, but it would only cause more damage in the long run. It is better to use the diuretics as (extra) help, when diet alone is not working. All these people who just go straight to the meds to lower cholesterol, high-blood pressure, diabetes.... it's just not healthy. YOU have to work at anything worth something, and life is no exception! <--Wow that's good enough to be a Dr. Suess quote so I guess I will leave you with one of my favorites from the great Doctor.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
  --I am sure that in opening myself  up and sharing my theories on life and health, I have lost some friends and family members. For anyone that I have hurt, I apologize. Nothing I have ever said here or anywhere else has been out of malice or meant as judgmental. Though, everyone has a reason for entering and exiting our lives, so I'll leave you with another of my favorites!
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."




Spread the word! Live Life then Give Life!!
Share

No comments: