Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can't take... the... pressure...tehehehe

Besides this being the best weekend ever, it was also a bit of a wake up call for me... I received a few compliments on my lil blog by people I had no idea even knew I had a blog, and I just can't take that kind of pressure! SO I'M CLOSING MY SITE DOWN. HAHA, jk. I was thinking I better be a little more careful, but then I thought... naah! I'm just going to keep on pushing. Before I tell you all how amazing my weekend was, between the coolest, biggest-hearted, Harley riders (Oh... and I think 1 Victory rider, right?) And the best shin-dig ever (filled with more love then one room could contain) I figured I better get one more plug on WHY. I did give a little speech at my birthday party and it was meant to be just that... but I should have written it down, because by the time I stood up there, everything left my mind except for two words -- ORGAN DONATION, and as they came out of my mouth in front of 150 people, I thought, "Oh man, this is NOT what these people want to hear right now... I'm gonna loose 'em!" I don't remember much after that, I think I thanked everyone for coming and supporting us, I might have thanked everyone for their donations, I have no clue. What I wanted to do was thank my Aunt Bev!! The Highlands Inn, my aunt Shannon, Joe and Rhonda, Chris... There are so many Najera's, Navarro's, Albertoni's, Oh my! And I also wanted to let everyone know, embrace the big polka-dotted elephant in the room. Ricki is terminally ill, if I don't get a new liver soon, I will die. Right now, I have to sit on the sidelines and wait to start living, but I see so many other people here too, waiting for something to start living. I have to be here, but some of these people have yet to realize that they have chosen to be here. This is it man! We only get one chance at this life, and once I am able (And I have faith that I will) I am going to get back out there and live baby!! So many beautiful stories, people, and places to experience and see every single day with the right perspective. So lets go guys!!
But!! Saturday was like it should be -- amazing! I felt like a kid again, and even though I had so many of those "Oh, I'm going to regret this in the morning" thoughts and I truly am still recovering as I type 3 days later. I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Wow... I think this is going to be the first of a 3 part series now that I look at how long this post already is. Part two will be on the A.M. adventure, and the reason cars mean nothing to me anymore. tehehe. Jason has already agreed on our new rides post transplant... and I am holding him to it. I was going to talk about the fact that I was interviewed by Thunder Press Magazine and that H.O.G. will be holding the next Ride in my honor in my speech at the party, but I think I only blubbered that I got to ride on a bike (like 3 or 4 different times.) There is much to still say and visuals to go with them so bare with me. I want to give them the recognition they deserve... sorry, I am really not trying to rub it in and I just keep saying AMAZING, but it was for me. And to top it off as we left - though he stole it straight from Clearance, my brother-in-law said: "Remember- No Man is a Failure who has Friends" So thank you all for reminding me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog Ricki :-)