Thursday, February 25, 2010

Team Larry

Alright, Alright!! I woke up for some reason at 2:00am thinking about Team Larry and couldn't go back to bed (which doesn't bother me anymore as long as I'm not pukin')! This will be the first of what I plan to be many walks and awareness events I plan to attend for Donate Life. I have to give back in any way possible for even giving me the opportunity to watch my family, my son... grow! Without this transplant, my options are slim (actually, probably nil). So please help... For Goodness sake, I need all the help I can get.
So what was I thinkin' about at 2:00? Amber!! (Oh la la, tehehe, not like that silly) She is extremely talented and for some reason has blessed me by being my friend <3 Anyway, she had offered to come up with a logo for me... and I was thinking, I want something really special, something I can keep as my logo when I go BIG! In otherwords, since my aunt has been enslaved to help me once I am healthy again and on my feet with a new liver, I plan on changing "Ricki's Medical Fund" into a charity. To do all we can to spread awareness, offer help, support, and even funds to those going through the transplant process. And ofcourse, one of the funnest parts for me - the birth of an idea, which always includes a name!!
So that is what popped in my head... and I was to scared to go back to sleep without writing it down... What do you think about as a theme for my art...
   Recycled Hope
Maybe have two little birds facing each other with a green ribbon in their beak, maybe a little recycling symbol in the shape of a heart somewhere...
Ok, I have to go back to bed though, I just caught my head nodding off... let me know what you guys think, any ideas for Amber?
OH, and most importantly... here is the site to either register to be a part of "Team Larry" or donate funds to "Donate Life California" Please join us for the walk if you can though! I plan on making someone plan a memorable time for our team. Lets make TEAM LARRY A HUUUGE SUCCESS... it's the wishes of a sick girl... (That'd be me! tehehe)


TEAM LARRY'S FUNDRAISING PAGE

No comments: