Friday, November 13, 2009

I don't know... it's an update or a mission statement

Wow...this waiting thing is tough! I remember a few years back, when I had more energy, if I asked someone to do something and they didn't do it in MY time -- I did it myself! This has been one of the hardest, yet maybe one of the most humbling experiences so far. The fact that many things need to be done for me now, and I am at the mercy of others...If you know me, you know I no likey! But not for the reasons you may think. There are no pride issues here. Sure, of course I want things done a certain way and timely, but most of all -- I just don't like to burden anyone. (Picture Eeyore asking for help, that's me). But quickly, my freedoms are flying out the window (hehe dramatics) The most recent one -- I have sort of, kinda, been unofficially, officially relieved of driving duties. (I think it was USC's very firm request that I get a medicalert bracelet that confirmed it for Jason) Once he knew that it is a possibility with my ammonia levels rising that I may become disoriented at any time...ya.
So most of the time, River and I shuffle back and forth between my moms apartment and mine. It leaves me with a lot of thinking time. (Unfortunately, it is usually the same things over and over because I forget I resolved the issue already. lol) It is even harder with the HE (Hepatic Encephalopathy) to stay focused... But I wrote them down. Well the ones I could remember at 4am.
~~The first...I am not sure who is aware, but I have some AMAZING people on my side, and a few really awesome events that they are throwing in my behalf. This brings me to my introduction... asking for help. One of the people who has put most of this in motion, my Aunt Bev ((props)) said something to me the other day that I am going to have to agree with and mention here... It is true, that I do not like to ask for help, but - and this is the biggest but ever! I will fight tooth and nail for my son.... and my son, needs his mother. I will fight for that. I joke about being dramatic, but this is not. The more research I do, the more I worry about my time. Unless I fight, I could easily be one of the 19 people that die daily waiting for my second chance. And I have to make it through this battle, because for me...this is just a battle. My war is on Hepatitis C, Cirrhosis, and Organ Shortages. I know it sounds big... But those are the bases I must cover to keep River safe (well, his liver anyway)
Hmmm, I guess I kind of rolled all my thoughts into one, at least the basics. Oh yes! Which brings me back to the AMAZING people!! I know it is another topic I am probably beating to death, but really! It's redonkulous! I don't know how I got blessed with sooo many living Angels.
These angels include my little sister Rylee and a friend of hers Kelly, who have put together a benefit for lil' o me here in Fullerton. (*click here to go to facebook link* for more info) I know that they can use donations, volunteers, items to raffle....etc)
In February (for my birfday...hehe) My Aunt Bev, has put the wheels in motion for a BIG BIRTHDAY BASH/FUNDRAISER for me at the Highlands Inn, Carmel. In Salinas, my mother-in-law, Rhonda is finding ways to raise funds too... (more info on those to come) It is amazing and oh so needed, but the most amazing thing of it all... Is that there is at least 1 person out there that will become an organ donor and SAVE up to 8 lives now because of us! Yes, US! Muwahaha, you didn't even know when you started reading this that you were binding yourself to my cause...hehe, you too must go and spread the word on being a donor now!
Don't take your organs to Heaven, Heaven knows we need them here! :)

1 comment:

Craig said...

Ricki, your blog is superb! Keep learning and keep fighting, let's get that meld down.