Saturday, April 3, 2010

APRIL IS DONATE LIFE MONTH!!!

I shall cut myself some slack this year and consider my computer postings and doing the walk on May 1st as enough "extra" awareness... but starting next year, it is on.
..Of course, if you would like to go door to door for me, I would be much obliged. I'm feeling mighty emotional right now, and I wish I could do so much more... everyday I read stories and talk to others like me...(or even tougher, I talk to their caregivers) I have gotten to know people waiting, people who have had their miracle, and sadly, I have known some that have lost the battle. My heart soars when I hear stories like Rachy's who finally got her lungs, breaks when time runs out for those like Eva and Ken, and has nothing but faith that precious Gabriella, Jenn, and I will get our miracles and be terrorizing the town in no time. hehe

So get out there and spread the word for us! We are nearing 107,000 mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters... you get the point. Each one of us has a story, an actual life, and 17 of us are dying each and every day. We can change this... we have to change this!

And make sure if you are anywhere in the Orange county vicinity on May 1st, you get your butt over to Cal State Fullerton and join Team Larry for the family festival!!

Oh and totally unrelated, but worthy of mention in my opinion... This is my 100th post. Wow huh? what a whiner I am. Hey... any kind of publicity for organ donation has got to be good publicity, right? (I have no shame)  hehehe.

No comments: