Friday, April 30, 2010

Not always as it seems

I walked into my first Ear, Nose & throat appointment and had no idea what to expect, but when they called me into the back and told me to have a seat here, I almost turned around and left. Does this not look like it is out of some demented doctor horror movie? I sat though, and when the doctor came in and had a look, she said, "Ok, here is what we are going to do. We are going to cauterize the nose and then you are going to spray saline up your nose 4 times a day after that for 2 weeks and keep Vaseline on it" Great, I thought, another appointment! But nope, she then says... "We're going to do this right now" and started cleaning blood out of my nose. There are 2 parts of your septum (or something) in each nostril and she had to cauterize all 4 parts on mine because she said that everywhere she touched with a Q-tip was bleeding. It may take 1 or 2 more times to completely stop these bleeds, but you may not... she said as she sprayed numbing solution and then the silver nitrate in one quick move. "I'm done"... after I wiped the tears from my eyes, I asked "ok, done with what... the numbing? hehehe. Nope, she was done, cauterization complete!! Though it felt kind of like I stuck my head in water and took a deep breath through my nose.... it wasn't that bad, and it sure will be nice to not have to worry about a spontaneous bleed at the wrong time. And... Maybe, since I won't be loosing blood constantly, I will have some energy and won't be so dizzy all of the time.... is that to much to ask for? I think not!!

Back to team Larry for a second... look at our banner! How cute is that.... I am so excited and can't wait to see all my friends and family on Saturday for the walk! It means so much to us!
If you still want to walk with us... 

No comments: